Haven’t blogged here in over a year but hopefully after the next few weeks, something exciting will be blogged about…
13 Take a good look at God’s work.
Who could simplify and reduce Creation’s curves and angles
To a plain straight line?
14 On a good day, enjoy yourself;
On a bad day, examine your conscience.
God arranges for both kinds of days
So that we won’t take anything for granted.
Ecclesiastes 7:13-14 (MSG)
Amazed & humbled.
TWENTY11 has been
great awesome amazing - bah! There’s no word to describe how 2011 has been the biggest (and most welcomed) surprise.
I entered this year with the anticipation of uncertainty and I was OK with that. I was ready for the long days/weeks/months of trolling through Seek, revising the indents of my resume, being invited to interviews, receiving rejections, when it has been the total opposite!
Anyways, to avoid another essay, I kept my summation of 2011 short and simple.
Looking back at 2011:
- Graduating from uni
- Attaining full time work/graduate role
- Getting engaged to my bestfriend
- Travelled around the U.S. of A
- Started new friendships with amazing people
- Come out of my shell a bit more
- Gradually developing my leadership abilities and close relationships at YD Life
- Amazed at how insane faith makes life so simple.
What I’m looking forward to in 2012:
- Marrying David
- My nephew’s first birthday
- Continually evolving and being challenged as an individual in all areas of my life (don’t we all want that?)
- What God desires of me as I move into a new season
- Meeting and creating friendships with amazing people
- Living closer to the city
- Learning more at work
- Loose weight (ha!) and get fit
- More travel.
To those who couldn’t wait for 2011 to be over since February: Don’t be so hard on yourself/God/family/friends/the world. We’ve all got our problems, but focussing on the negatives is a result of our choices. I could only hope that 2012 will bring you the peace, direction, happiness and growth you’re looking for (otherwise you may as well start counting the days when 2013 rolls in from March - jokes).
Happy New Year goiz!
I may not be a fan or user of his products, but he was an inspirational entrepeneur with a great ethos to life.